Xiaomi Mi 6X is started receiving the latest Android 9.0 Pie OS via Crdroid OS custom firmware. Now you can download and install CrDroid OS on Xiaomi Mi 6X based on Android 9.0 Pie. crDroid OS is a new custom ROM and it is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. The crDroid OS is based AOSP and includes the customizations options from SlimROM, AOSPA, Lineage, and many other ROMs. The crDroid OS custom firmware comes with tons of customization option and brings Pure Android Experience for Xiaomi Mi 6x users. Today we share a simple step by step guide on how to download and install crDroid OS on Xiaomi Mi 6X based on Android 9.0 Pie.
The Xiaomi Mi 6X comes with Android 8.1 Oreo OS. So until the official stock Android Pie comes, you can enjoy this latest Crdroid OS on Xiaomi Mi 6X. The custom ROM brings all the official features of Android 9.0 Pie such as Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, Navigation Gestures, App actions, slices, Digital Wellbeing and much more. In order to install crDroid OS on Xiaomi Mi 6X, your device should be installed TWRP custom recovery and must unlock the bootloader. Keep in mind the ROM is still under development, so you may face some bugs and errors. But no need to worry about that they will be fixed soon or you can revert back to Stock ROM any time.
The Xiaomi Mi 6X was launched in July 2018 and comes with 5.99-inch LTPS IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The smartphone is powered by octa-core Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 processor and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Xiaomi Mi 6X has 6/4GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage. The device including Dual rear camera is 12-MP and a 20-MP front shooter for selfies. While installing the ROM you can be wiped clean your entire phone data. So we advise you to take the full backup of all your device data. If you are interested in installing the crDroid OS on Xiaomi Mi 6X based on Android 9.0 Pie, then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- Keep your phone charged (60-70%) before installing crDroid OS ROM On Xiaomi Mi 6X
- This guide is only for Mi 6X, don’t try this on any other smartphone
- Take a full backup of your device.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocks in the developer’s options.
- Your device’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- You must have TWRP installed on your device- Guide Here For TWRP
- First, download the required files from the download section and then proceed.
Steps To Install CrDroid OS on Xiaomi Mi 6X Android 9.0 Pie ROM:
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi 6X to PC via USB cable and then copy the downloaded CrDroid OS ROM ZIP file on the device root folder. [Don’t unzip].
- Then disconnect the Xiaomi Mi 6X from PC and turn off completely.
- Once your device is off, boot it into TWRP recovery mode. [with button combination]
- Then on recovery main menu select “Wipe” and then do “Swipe” at the bottom of the screen of confirm.
- Come back to TWRP main menu. Tap on “Install” and select the CrDroid OS ROM zip file that you have copied on the device.
- After select ROM ZIP file, do “Swipe” at the bottom of the screen. To confirm ROM flashing. Wait for a few minutes.
- After flashing ROM, select “Advance” option and then select “Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik” and confirm with Swipe at the bottom.
- Finally, come back to recovery main menu, and select “Reboot” to boot your Xiaomi Mi 6X normally.
That’s all, You have successfully downloaded and Install CrDroid OS On Xiaomi Mi 6X Android 9.0 Pie ROM. If you have any query or issue feel free to contact us.