Samsung started rolling out the latest official Android 10 update based on February 2020 security patch for Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. Samsung already released the stable Android 10 official update for both devices. Now the Galaxy S9/S9+ variants started receiving the latest February 2020 security update via OTA. Nowadays Samsung has become one of the most popular Android manufacture brands because Samsung always upgraded its devices timely. Also, the company released the security update very quickly with a new month’s start. So if you are the users of Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, then you will be able to download and install the February 2020 security patch official update.
Here in this article, we come with a simple and easy step by step guide on how to download and install the February 2020 security patch for Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. This latest security update brings lots of new features, many other improvements, customization, many bug fixes and much more. The February 2020 update comes with improved navigation gestures, more powerful navigation experience, enhanced system-wide Dark Mode, Samsung’s One UI 2.0 skin and much more. Also, the most recent Android 10 update added some new features such as expands to the home screen’s wallpaper, Smart Reply and so on.
After flashing this latest security update, your device system stability enhanced, fixed many bugs and much more. Samsung started rolling out the official update via OTA (over-the-air), so not all users can get the update at the same time. If you yet not receive the update, then you first check manually by going to phone Settings> Software update > Tap on Download and install. If you still not getting the latest update then download the OTA firmware file from given below link and install it on your device. The February 2020 security update comes with build id number G96xFXXS7DTAD for Exynos variants with SM-G960F/G965F model numbers.
Here you can flash this latest official update with the help of Odin flash tool. Odin is one of the best flashing tools which is officially developed by Samsung. Odin tool allows users to flash official stock firmware to any Samsung Galaxy devices. Not necessary but we are highly recommended you take the full backup of all your phone important data before proceeding. If you are interested in downloading and installing the Android 10 official update February 2020 security patch for Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
- It’s advised to take the backup of your entire data on Samsung Device before installation.
- Also, keep the battery charging level more 70% for a seamless power supply.
- Install the USB driver of Samsung device at the PC for smooth connectivity while flashing the updates. | Link
- Download February 2020 Security Patch For Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus
- Latest Odin Tool | Download
Steps To Install February 2020 Security Patch For Galaxy S9 /S9 Plus:
- First of all Download (e.g. Odin3_v3.13.1.zip) and Samsung stock firmware (*.zip) for the device.
- Extract both downloaded firmware ZIP to an easily accessible location on the PC.
- Now double-click on ‘Odin3.exe‘ file in the extracted folder.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- The COM port should light up in the Odin window.
- Now, click on the ‘AP’ button and select the firmware file starting with AP.
- Do the same for ‘BL’, ‘CP’, and ‘CSC’.
- Note that the regular CSC file will completely wipe the device. In order to preserve the data, simply select the ‘HOME_CSC’ file.
- Make sure that ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ are selected in the ‘Options’ tab. Leave everything else as it is.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button to install the February 2020 Security stock firmware on your Galaxy device, when everything is ready.
- The flashing process will take a few minutes to complete.n
Once the installation finished, then you shall see the ‘PASS!’ message and the device will reboot automatically.
Done! You have successfully installed February 2020 security patch for Galaxy S9/S9 Plus.